Wednesday, October 26, 2011

20 pounds

My weight Monday was 197, which means that I have now lost 20 pounds since starting this blog. This feels like something of a miracle to me. I have been trying to do this for a long time, with varying degrees of success.

I think a component of this must be the fact of my accountability here. Having committed myself to telling the truth, not just here but especially here, I have that in the back of my mind whenever I want to say, "screw it" and put food in my mouth to (theoretically) make myself feel better.

So...thanks!

Of course, if I am going all the way to my goal weight, I still have 25 pounds left, but now that feels more like a challenge than a burden.

Do I feel different? In some ways, yes. I just feel generally lighter, though that is hard to define, exactly. I don't feel like I have a whole lot more energy, but that's difficult to assess in the middle of winter. Number of backaches? About the same, which is to say fairly infrequent. Knee pain after meditation? Much better, I'd say. Emotional well-being? Far better.


My clothes fit better, of course, and this past weekend I brought up from storage two pairs of pants I had "outgrown". Hurrah! (By the way, don't you think there should be some truth in advertising when it comes to pants sizes? I have been wearing some pants with waist size 34 for months, yet the pants I brought up that were too snug until today were also listed as 34. There is a pair down there, still way too tight, that say 36. Shameful).

All in all, very encouraging. And so it continues.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment