Saturday, September 24, 2011

Rest

It's been awhile since I have had a day that was restful, as anyone who has been reading this blog knows. Much that is good and a few things that are not have happened over the last few months and all I can feel is a big "whew!" that it's all over. I am happier than I can say that my son and his wife (my son has a wife! Yikes!) found each other. I am very content that my wife was able to spend a month with her mother while she was feeling ill and that I was able to support them both during that time. I love my parents and loved visiting them. I wouldn't have missed the trip to Whidbey Island for the world.

But.

I'm ready to rest, and today was a good start. It is also so much easier to stick to my food discipline with a cheerful soul when I am rested. I didn't really have any psychotic food breaks this time around, but I was not always pleased to find myself at the end of my calorie count with a desire to eat some more. I guess confronting that desire is the whole point, though, isn't it?

Today I trimmed my sunflowers, pulled out my last sad pumpkin plant, pruned roses, pulled weeds, took care of computer business, read the rest of a wonderful book, drank lots of decaf, played a favorite game with my sweet wife (though she beat me two out of three, dammit), ate moderately, and relaxed. It was great. I think I will do more of the same tomorrow.




Ahh....



No comments:

Post a Comment