Thursday, August 11, 2011

Hunger, part III

A brief note to Lulu: your comment wound up in spam, for some reason. I told the system it wasn't and it should now be posted. Hopefully the system will recognize you from now on.
A brief note to Paul: I loved "Not As Exciting As A Car Wash, Perhaps". I laughed out loud at that.

So...I had a nice scoop of Full Tilt ice cream on the way home today, orange Dreamcicle flavor. Just what the doctor ordered. Some days are just like that. A whole lot of heart hunger, though my mother-in-law came through the surgery just fine. Quite a bit of mind hunger(one of the sample sentences for mind hunger Bays uses in her book is even, "I deserve an ice cream cone"!). Ah, and nose hunger; when I walk into the shop, mmm, they bake their own waffle cones. Then eye hunger: pink! orange! yellow! chocolate brown! Mouth hunger, just imagining what it will taste like. Probably a bit of stomach hunger, since I had just gotten off of work and was a bit hungry, though I don't kid myself that nourishment was really what I was after, at least not physical nourishment, so very little cellular hunger, if any.

Those are the types of hunger that Bays talks about and that I find to be quite accurate, in my experience. I wish I could say that I had the ice cream so I could write this post about it and let you know exactly how all these hungers work ("I make this sacrifice so you don't have to"), but of course that isn't true. I just wanted an ice cream cone and got one. Loved it, too. I have no intention of ruining a perfectly good ice cream cone with guilt or shame. Heavens, no!

A little note on the next week: I have promised myself to write here everyday, but while I am on my trip I have no idea what my internet connection or even cell phone service will be like. I may end up writing something in word processing and then transferring it when I get back. But I will, one way or another, write a post every day. If I end up using my cell phone, I have noticed that the formatting is a little weird, so if it looks strange, that's why; I'll fix it up when I get back home. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment