Thursday, August 11, 2011

This is the day...

This is the day that my mother-in-law goes in for surgery to remove a mass and determine if it is cancerous and if there are metastases.

This is the day before we leave on a week-and-a-half vacation which is actually two separate trips. While they are both wonderful, neither is entirely relaxation.

This is the day before we rent a car for these trips, which for some odd reason still makes me a little anxious. I guess I like the security of having my own car and knowing for certain that she is there and ready to go. Of course, my car is there and not ready to go, so that doesn't help.

This is the day after the night that I didn't sleep very well, probably because of all of these things.

I guess I'm just saying that this is a stressful day, and recognizing that stress is one of my major triggers for overeating. Surely a scone will make me feel much, much better? Telling on myself helps to keep me from going down that road.

No comments:

Post a Comment