Monday, August 8, 2011

The weight and the wedding

My weight today is 208 pounds.

*****************************************

I went to a wedding last night. Weddings are tricky. I get so swept up in the celebratory atmosphere, and the event is so highly charged with emotion, that it is difficult not to just go with the flow of things and eat the place down. Fortunately, I don't drink, I'm a vegetarian, and I don't particularly care for cake, so there's three things off my plate (quite literally) right there. I did put some water in my champagne glass so I wouldn't look entirely out of place during the toasts. There was some pretty intense drinking going on there, too, but that's neither here nor there to me (though I was a bit concerned about the so-called designated drivers on their third glasses of wine, plus the champagne; but that's just another thing I get to let go of!)

My eating was pretty restrained, but I didn't feel at all deprived. They did have some pretty nice side dishes that I could make a meal on, and I drank mostly water. Kathy found some sparkling lemonade for us, and that was very nice. All in all, I had a very good time. The couple were strangers to me (the bride is Kathy's co-worker) and that always feels a little strange, as if I am an interloper, but it's always a good thing to help people celebrate something joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment